Griddle Pan with Steel Handle
This hand made, high quality griddle pan made out of cast iron from Swedish Skeppshult has deep griddles on the surface for those beautiful darkened, seared stripes on your steak, and with a stable handle of steel, this pan can be put straight into the oven for baking the meat to perfection. The raw material being used is pure pig-iron that is heated in induction-ovens up to 1500 degrees Celsius, resulting in a non-toxic and fully recyclable griddle pan; a sustainable alternative for your health and the environment. The griddle pan provides an even distribution of heat and you can use all types of tools, including those made out of steel. Cast iron pans can be used in extremely high temperatures and the bottom of the pan has been shaped in a concave form to compensate for the expansion of the metal when in contact with heat.
This timeless cast iron griddle pan has an incredibly long lifetime and will only become better the more you use it, and to prove it, Skeppshult always offers a 25-year cast iron warranty. Skeppshult has shaped cast iron products by hand since 1906 and Skeppshult’s foundry is the last foundry left in Scandinavia. They take great pride in their work and are skilled craftsmen, a rare quality nowadays. The griddle pans from Skeppshult are always pre-seasoned with organic rapeseed oil from Österlen. The seasoning gives the pan its black colouring and a non-stick surface, completely free from any unhealthy or environmentally dangerous gases that may occur when using frying pans with a plastic coating. The foundry in Skeppshult only uses electricity from wind and water power sources to care for their nearest environment.
• Diameter: 28 cm
• Cast iron pans can be used on all types of stoves, including induction and over open fire
• Always use oil or butter when using the pan
• Hand wash only in hot water without detergent and dry the pan afterwards by placing it on the stove with medium heat on or by drying it with a paper tissue, store in a dry place
• Never place your cast iron pan in the dishwasher
• If there are traces of burnt food left in your pan or rust it may be time for a thorough cleanse and re-seasoning, as this is a sign of your pan being too dry
This is how to re-season your cast iron pan:
1. Cover the bottom of the pan with salt
2. Heat up the pan for 1-2 minutes
3. Pour away the salt and dry the pan with a paper tissue
4. This gives the pan a grey colour and it is ready to be re-seasoned with oil
5. Stroke a thin layer of rapeseed oil, preferably organic, onto the frying surface of the pan
6. Place the cast iron pan in the oven for about 10-15 minutes